- This Event is part of the triSeries
- All our Events are governed by Triathlon Australia Policy and Rules. Full details can be accessed as follows:
- The Competitor Categories are as follows:
- 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+ :: triSeries points for individual Male & Female competitors
- 16-19 :: Junior Series points for individual Male & Female competitors
- Male, Female & Mixed teams, Clydesdale & Athena’s will be recognised on the podium and then we have ‘Race Ya Mate’ which has no podium prizes.
- Age as of 31st December 2016
- Request for withdrawal must be sent via email to Athlete Services
- Please refer to Refund & Transfer Policy for details
|ON EVENT DAY|
- For all Sunday races there will be TWO Transitions: T1 is at Forster Keys and T2 is at Forster Main Beach- All athletes competing on Sunday will have what is called a “split transition”. This means that they will swim at Forster Keys, get on their bikes, and then ride to a second transition (T2) at Main Beach. They will get off their bikes and start their run at Forster Main Beach. They will finish their run at the main finish arch at Forster Main Beach. This means that for team entries the swimmer and biker will be at Forster Keys but the runner will start at Forster Main Beach T2.This makes for an exciting finish, at the Ultimate finish line, but it does have some logistics that need to be explained.
- When the athletes register, they will get TWO TRANSITION BAGS. They will be provided with TWO TRANSITION STICKERS in their race pack, and they will stick them onto their bags.
- One bag is for when the athlete exits the water and before they get on the bike, the athlete needs to pack their wetsuit, goggles, swim cap and towel into this first transition (T1) bag. This bag will be then transported to the second transition at Main Beach (T2) while you are out on your bike ride.
- The other bag is for your RUN GEAR. At registration, you need to bring along the gear you need for when you get off your bike and into your run, i.e. running shoes if you are wearing bike shoes on the ride, a run cap, etc. This needs to be put into this “T2” bag (that has your sticker on it), closed up and given in at Bag Drop Off – at registration on Saturday, or on Sunday BEFORE 7AM. This is transported by the event team to the second transition (T2) and will be in the spot where your bike will need to go when you’ve finished your ride.
- On the sheet of stickers, there will also be a tag for a “street bag”, which is a casual bag that you own that you need to have for safekeeping while you race. That bag will also be transported to T2 at Main Beach for you to collect after the race.
- At the end of the event, your T1 bag will be at T2, so all of your equipment will be in the one area for you to pick up.